Are you familiar with aerobic septic systems in Canyon Lake, TX? If you’re considering your options for a septic system, you have probably encountered this possibility. The main difference between this type of system and a traditional septic system is the type of bacteria they use. Standard septic systems use anaerobic bacteria. As the name implies, aerobic septic systems use aerobic bacteria. Which system is right for you?
The answer depends on a number of factors. To make an informed decision about your system, consider the following pros and cons of an aerobic septic system in Canyon Lake, TX.
Pros of Aerobic Septic Systems in Canyon Lake, TX
- Space saver: While some septic systems require a lot of space, an aerobic septic system does not. The small amount of space needed can make this a good option for properties with limited land. In some cases, this may be the only option that is feasible due to space limitations.
- Environment saver: Aerobic septic systems in Canyon Lake, TX generate less pollution in the groundwater. If you’re looking for a greener solution, this type of system could be your best option.
- Design saver: If you want a wide variety of design options, aerobic septic systems in Canyon Lake, TX are a good choice. They are available in several designs to suit a range of needs.
- Time saver: Aerobic septic systems are quicker than traditional systems. They process wastewater in a more efficient manner.
- Odor saver: Because these systems are quicker acting, they can help reduce the odors generated by the septic system.
Cons of Aerobic Septic Systems in Canyon Lake, TX
- Increased cost: An aerobic septic system can cost up to three times as much as a traditional septic tank. The cost varies by design and location, but they are almost always more expensive than a traditional system. Property owners must weigh this cost with potential conveniences, such as space-saving measures.
- Increased maintenance: These systems require more long-term maintenance than traditional septic tanks. This includes regular checking of the electrical systems and the air injection system and keeping detailed records of maintenance. Property owners may find the additional cost and time commitment are not how they want to invest their resources.
- Increased faults: If property owners are not able to keep up with the increased level of maintenance required for their aerobic septic system, the quality of the system drops. Additionally, if the temperature in the septic tank drops too low, quality can also suffer. To achieve optimal performance, it is essential for owners to remain current on maintenance.
Still Not Sure?
If you’re having a tough time deciding between an anaerobic and aerobic septic system in Canyon Lake, TX, we can help. The experts at Countryside Construction Inc. can answer any questions you have, review your options and provide the best system for your property and needs. From initial soil analysis to permits, design and installation, we can adeptly handle your project from start to finish. Reach out to us today to get started!
Categorised in: Aerobic Treatment Systems
This post was written by Writer