Five Signs You Need Septic System Maintenance in Canyon Lake, TXJune 22, 2018 9:38 pm Leave your thoughts
When they are cared for and maintained appropriately, septic systems can provide effective waste and water treatment functions for homes and businesses for decades. Unfortunately, septic systems, like any other major system in your home or business, will eventually need to be repaired or replaced. However, if issues are identified and treated right away, you can avoid excessive repair charges and promote effective operation for years to come.
The problem is that issues with septic systems aren’t always easy to spot. Some of the primary symptoms of septic issues can slip under the radar and are easy to ignore. By understanding what kinds of signs you should be looking for, you can spot issues with your septic system right away and get professional maintenance and repair services to solve the problem:
- Water pooling: After waste is separated in your septic tank, liquid waste passes to your drain field to be treated and disposed of. If your septic system is overloaded, it won’t be able to handle additional waste, which may cause water to pool in the area over your drain field. Even minor water accumulation and soggy soil above your drain field should be taken seriously and be addressed with professional septic system maintenance in Canyon Lake, TX.
- Gurgling plumbing: If you hear the sound of water gurgling when you flush your toilet or run your faucet, you might be dealing with a full septic tank. It’s also possible that your plumbing has been clogged. Either way, you’ll likely need to get a professional inspection to determine the cause of the problem.
- Backups: One of the most alarming issues with plumbing and septic systems is backups. If the problem is related to your septic system, it’s likely that too much water is being processed all at once. If the shower, dishwasher and washing machine are all running simultaneously, backups are likely to occur since your system can’t handle the sudden influx of water. The easiest way to avoid this is to focus on water conservation. However, if the issue occurs frequently, you might need to have your system maintained or repaired.
- Unpleasant odors: If you smell sewage inside your home or near your drain field, something is definitely wrong. You shouldn’t experience strong odors from your septic system and, if you do, it’s probably because the system is full and needs to be serviced.
- Slow draining: When sinks and tubs are slow to drain, don’t reach for commercial drain cleaners. These products can do more harm than good to septic systems. Make sure to call a professional service provider who specializes in septic system maintenance and repair.
Don’t wait around for a septic system issue to get worse before calling in professional help. Instead, get the septic system maintenance in Canyon Lake, TX that you need, when you need it, from Countryside Construction Inc. We work with commercial and residential customers to design and build reliable septic systems and provide ongoing septic maintenance and repairs. From acquiring building permits to providing professional installation of a new septic system, our team is here to put our decades of experience to work for you.
Categorised in: Septic System Maintenance
This post was written by Writer