Most people understand that saving water is important when it comes to conserving valuable natural resources, but water conservation is especially important for home and business owners who rely on septic systems in Canyon Lake, TX. Overloading a septic system with excessive water usage can cause all kinds of issues that may require extensive repairs and potentially even a full replacement. The good news is that it doesn’t take a significant amount of effort to reduce your water usage and promote proper function in your septic system. By taking several small steps to curb water waste, you can greatly improve your system’s overall health and longevity:
- Time your showers: You might be surprised by just how much time you spend in the shower if you actually start using a timer. Having some kind of indicator of time while you shower allows you to be mindful about how long your showers take and can help you work to shorten the time you spend using water. If you want to take extra steps to conserve water, consider turning the shower off while you lather your shampoo.
- Spread out your appliance use: Running several water-using appliances at once can put undue strain on your system. Try running a single load of laundry every other day instead of doing it all at once one day a week. You should also stagger your use of different appliances like washing machines and dishwashers.
- Retrofit your home with eco-friendly fixtures: Installing low-flow showerheads and faucets can greatly reduce your overall water consumption. Newer products are able to limit water usage while providing sufficient water pressure for washing dishes or bathing.
- Curb outdoor water waste: Homeowners often waste water on excessive lawn and garden irrigation to support plants that have a low tolerance for dry conditions. Consider replacing some of your plants with drought-tolerant succulents or plants that don’t require a significant amount of water. You should also limit the amount of times that you water your lawn during the summer.
- Keep up on regular maintenance and inspections: Preventative maintenance and professional inspections can make a huge difference when it comes to the function of your septic system. A professional can check for leaks in your plumbing and inspect your septic system to ensure that it is operating as efficiently and effectively as possible. Investing in regular maintenance now allows you to avoid major repairs and premature replacement down the road.
For more preventative maintenance and water conservation tips, contact the experts at Countryside Construction Inc. Since 1981, we have been providing comprehensive services for septic systems in Canyon Lake, TX. We specialize in working with builders to design, install and maintain septic systems that are carefully planned to meet their specific needs and offer decades of safe operation. We can walk you through every step of the process, from initial soil testing to the permitting process and final installation. To find out more about everything we have to offer, take a look at our website and give us a call to schedule a consultation.
Categorised in: Septic Systems
This post was written by Writer