If you live in a rural area, chances are you’re going to be using a septic system rather than being hooked into a traditional municipal sewer line. Once installed, septic tanks and systems can last for many years, but eventually they will need to be replaced. If you’re putting in a new septic tank or building on a brand-new property, what are the steps you can take to prepare for septic system installation in Canyon Lake, TX to make sure the process goes as smoothly as possible?
Here’s a quick overview of the steps you should be sure to follow:
- Make sure you comply with all legal requirements: The state’s department of health will have a variety of regulations in place regarding septic system installation that you must be sure to comply with, as will other local agencies. Therefore, make sure you get all the proper permits and understand all the regulations before you move forward with installation. The good news is that any contractor you work with will understand the regulations in your local area and will be able to pull all required permits for you.
- Test the soil: Before you begin the installation process, it can be helpful to get a soil test done. This helps you ensure your property can actually support a septic system and drain field. Your septic system will rely in large part on the soil to act as a natural filter for the wastewater it expels. Therefore, if you don’t have good enough soil, you might need to take some soil remediation steps or choose an alternate solution for your waste disposal.
- Pick your contractor: Research septic system contractors in your area, paying special attention to their understanding of the regulations in your community and their background and experience. Make sure you select a contractor that has a strong reputation for providing excellent work. Any contractor you choose to work with should be great with communication and should be willing to provide you with a clear written estimate for their services.
- Remove the old system: If you’re replacing an old septic system, be sure to arrange to have the old system removed in addition to installing the new one. In many cases, the same contractor you use to install the new system will also be willing to remove the old one. Make sure you get the entire system, including all the old pipes and fittings, off of your property and out of the way so the new installation can go as smoothly as possible. It’s helpful to schedule this process to take place a little bit ahead of the new installation to ensure you’ve allowed enough time.
- Prepare for water to be shut off: Take whatever steps you need to prepare for your water to be shut off while the project is under way. Have a plan for showers and toilet use, and stock up on gallons of fresh water from the store.
For more information about the steps you should take to prepare for septic system installation in Canyon Lake, TX, contact Countryside Construction Inc. today.
Categorised in: Septic Tank Installation
This post was written by admin