How to Make Your Septic System Installation Go SmoothlyDecember 10, 2020 5:20 pm
Are you in need of a new septic system on your property? Perhaps you’re replacing an old one, or maybe you’re building a new home entirely. Whatever the circumstances you’re facing, it’s important to make sure you’re working with a septic design contractor you can trust to deliver reliable, high-quality work.
Septic system installation can be a big job, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a stressful one. Here are just a few tips to help you get the best possible results out of the process so you can make sure it goes smoothly:
- Conduct a broad search: This is a good tip for just about any kind of contract work, but it holds true for septic designers as well. You shouldn’t home in on just a single contractor at the outset of your search. Instead, cast a broad net and talk with a variety of contractors to learn more about their services and what you can expect out of their work should you decide to move forward with them. Get a sense of their personality, their communication skills and how reliable you can expect their work to be by looking through recommendations and reviews.
- Don’t go just by price: While price will certainly be a factor in your search, you shouldn’t make your contractor decision based solely on who gives you the lowest quote. Get quotes from a variety of contractors, and use those to help guide your decision, not to make it for you. Think of the quotes as being more of a tiebreaker variable than a primary decision influencer.
- Services: Learn as much as you can about the services of your potential septic system contractor. This includes asking about the materials they use in their work, the kinds of ongoing maintenance services they provide after installation is complete (after all, you’ll need a good maintenance team for preventative repairs and inspections), and any other details that will help you make your decision so you can feel confident about the services and equipment you’re paying them for.
- Guarantees: Does the contractor offer any guarantees for their work? Are any of the pieces of equipment covered under manufacturer or contractor warranties? This will be a big deal, because it will give you some extra protection for your investment. You’re spending a lot of money to have a new septic system installed, and if something should go wrong, either due to improper installation or faulty equipment, it’s important to know you’re covered should you need premature repairs or replacement.
- Reliability: We touched on it briefly above, but you need to make sure you’re dealing with a reliable and reputable company. If all goes well during installation, you should be able to trust this company for future preventative maintenance. Do your due diligence and ask as many questions as you need to feel comfortable.
To learn more about how you can set yourself up for success with your septic system installation by working with an experienced septic system provider, reach out to Countryside Construction Inc. today.
Categorised in: Septic Services
This post was written by admin
Comments are closed here.